Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Weary of Sowing???

Today has been an especially rough day. I found out that a young lady that I have been investing in has just been arrested AGAIN. Her life is so full of deceit. She is a GREAT liar. It always looks like she is ready making a break through with Christ when she shows up on my doorstep . For the last two and a half years, deceit has been her track record. At what point do I give up hope and say, "ENOUGH!!!" How do I keep my heart open to the needs of others when it seems that more often that not, the seed is being sown in what ends up being infertile soil?

As I cried out to the Lord out of frustration this afternoon He spoke very clearly to my heart, "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." It was His voice clear as day. I stood there in my garden repeating the Lord's words to me over in my head. I just couldn't figure out how they exactly fit my situation with this girl and my weariness of sowing to infertile soil. I decided to come in the house and read the scripture in context...wow...what a delight to hear from God!

Galatians 6
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.
6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

So, I will not fret about sowing to infertile soil. It is from God that I have every resource; time money, talents, gifts. These are not wasted, as it might appear, when they are sown in the Name of Christ. As long as I sow in the Spirit...and I will reap eternal life. Though I CAN be mocked, deceived and taken advantage of...God cannot. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people...."

3 comments:

Buddy said...

Man that is so the revelation that I need right now....thanks.

billy said...

without commenting on the worthiness of the person you have tried so hard to help- nor will i say anything deleterious about your efforts- however this girls track record is obvious to you and you know that she will continue to abuse your friendship and your belief- i would suggest that she be directed to the proper county or state institutions that are more capable of handling such cases- they are trained to do it- have the knowledge and resources to do it- and its their job to do it.pray for her- and then take her to the nearest county social worker.- she will be better off - and you will have fulfilled your duties to her and god.- two things that i have learned over the years- 1. people dont change
2. some people are beyond help.
these are merely suggestions- i dont need a reply- you will of course do what you want with or without my input- do what you believe is right- but i think i would save my energies for someone that is likely to profit from my efforts- billy

Anonymous said...

I finally got to meet her last night, and can see why you are so concerned. She obviously hasn't gotten the big picture yet, but so needs Christians to continue to influence her life. I believe that it is God who changes people. I also know that the "effective, fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much". So...just keep praying, and I will join you. Hopefully at some point, her eyes will be opened to the truths of God.