Monday, August 20, 2007

Unfailing Love

The Word of God uses the phrase "unfailing love" thirty-two times, and not one of those times is it attributed to humans.
I fail...oh how I fail! Even tonight I am grieved over my failures.
I would love to be perfect as God is perfect. I know that I am not who I used to be, and that I will not remain who I am right now...but how I long for His perfection. I desire the day when I will cast off this flesh entirely, with its frailties, and be as He is!

Psalm 143:7-9
7 Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should
go, for to you I lift up my soul.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this verse! thanks for the thoughts this morning....

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine why you're feeling this way, but our frailties are what makes His unfailing love so amazing! It's just another opportunity for Him to show us what a mighty God He is. Yes, we need to press forward toward perfection (completeness in Him), but, He's gracious to forgive. You may have imperfections in the flesh, but you are perfect in the spirit because you are born again. I suppose the song writer must have felt similar, though, when the words Lift Up Your Head, Your Redemption Draweth Nigh were penned. We may fail, but God often uses our failures to His glory. He's used yours, I'm sure.

melissa lynn said...

wow. Thanks for posting that verse it really touched my heart. Being here at DBU I really getting to seek after God but I don't really feel His presence yet. This verse is like the cry of my heart cuz i am desparately wanting more of God. I hope you and the girls are doing GREAT and Buddy too. I miss and love yall.

melissa lynn said...

Hey i just wanted to let you know that at lunch yesterday i was eating a rice krispie treat for dessert and i thought of one of the first times i came over with the coopers and emily had made rice krispies and we all ate some. Just thought I'd let you know that i thought of yall and smiled! lol. I love each of you dearly and hope you are doing very well.