Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tribute to My Husband...who got his 3rd. ticket this summer..

Billy Graham was returning to Charlotte after a speaking engagement and when his plane arrived, there was a limousine there to transport him to his home. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver. "You know" he said, "I am 87 years old and I have never driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?"The driver said, "No problem. Have at it." Billy gets into the driver's seat and they head off down the highway. A short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap. The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone. The trooper pulled out and easily caught the limo and he got out of his patrol car to begin the procedure.The young trooper walked up to the driver's door and when the glass was rolled down, he was surprised to see who was driving. He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and called his supervisor. He told the supervisor, "I know we are supposed to enforce the law... But I also know that important people are given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person."The supervisor asked, "Is it the Governor?" The young trooper said, "No, he's more important than that."The supervisor said, "Oh, so it's the President?" The young trooper said, "No, he's even more important than that." The supervisor finally asked, "Well then, who is it?" The young trooper said, "I think it's Jesus, because he's got Billy Graham for a chauffeur."

I don't think that Billy Graham really got pulled over for driving 70 in a 55...but if he did shame on him too! And if he were chauffeuring Jesus I'm sure he would obey the laws of the land. LOL.

I'm praying for all of my friends who commute to Dallas everyday...Slow down. Your wives love you and want you to come home in one piece! I love you Honey!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! HEE HEE THAT was funny! Good one, Cherie :)

Incidentally, I had a "little talk" with my husband last night about this, and he promised to be good!

Cherie said...

Don't move Julie!!!...if it becomes a choice between moving and speeding?...I say speed Kenneth, speed! Huh,hum, sorry...did I just write that?

Lord, please don't move them, please don't move them!

Anonymous said...

Julie...are you moving?????

Cherie said...

wow...that is how rumors get started!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Okay...so she isn't moving? Cherie you seem to be good about getting us to think things that may noy be so. Remember just a few weeks ago when you had us thinking you were expecting???? LOL...love ya!

Buddy said...

My life is an open blog.

Cherie I am convinced on the day of my judgment there will be no need to unroll scrolls, open books....only to surf the world wide web to your blog for the full account. :)

I love you too honey.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Buddie,

Adam needed a helpmeet, so Cherie is going to "help" you "meet" the Lord and save a little time (and scroll paper)! He, he, he! \:)>

Cherie said...

Hey...I used to think that I was a good communicater, until I got a blog!
Look at that Buddy...they didn't even hear the part about you getting your 3rd. ticket this summer.

Anonymous said...

Oh....throw a little rumor about someone moving to take the attention away from the ticket,eh?

Anonymous said...

And for the record....no, we are not moving anytime in the near future ;)

Cherie said...

It's like this blog has a mind of it's own.
The comments never seem to reflect any of principle idea behind the original post...you never know what direction the comments will go....I think you guys are a.d.d.:)

Mike said...

Did someone mention ADD???? Did I tell you about the time we moved? Yeah, it was like ages ago...... Speaking of ages, I got a little confused following along with the birthday blog you wrote....Oh by the way, my birthday is next month..What is a month?? I mean who invented a month and decided there would be x number of days in one......That reminds me, I love your blogs....See ya this weekend...Does that mean I will see you Saturday since that is the actual week end?? wow, so many questions..... One last thing, I hear Kenneth and Julie moving is that true???

Dreama said...

what is the point of this blog? It has absolutely nothing to do with tickets!!! I know at least one of the guys posting here has ADD!He tried medication for it but it didn't work...he just got spacey...speaking of space, did you know the astronauts on Endeavor will not repair the tiles they lost...anyway, Kenneth and Julie are moving? I heard him mention packing his computer and moving it...

Anonymous said...

...the mystery continues on...

Anonymous said...

Ok, so here's a post about tickets. Someone very near and dear to my heart got one in the same general vicinity just the other day, and it was a doozer! But I love 'em and hopefully we've all learned that the cops between here and Dallas have finally woken up. A clear sign that progress is about to roll over us out here in the sticks. "The city dwellers are coming, the city dwellers are coming!"