Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Public Apology

Several post ago I share with you that I had had a spiritual temper tantrum and that I had faced the temptation of quiting church. Though I did feel that way for a few hours...the post was meant to be about remaining still and obedient before God and how He works things out...not about me being mad or wanting to leave my church.
After being approached by several concerned church friends (who I didn't even know knew I had a blog); I realize that I failed miserably at making my point. I love my church and my brothers and sisters in Christ. God has always been faithful to work out any conflicts...which I tend to avoid at all cost anyway. Those who know me well, know that I am a pacifist and hate conflict.
My intent in sharing my few hours of struggling with anger, was not so that we would focus on the terrible thing that got me upset , rather that God was calling me to trust and obey Him.
So I want to publicly apologize for any misunderstanding that my poor communication may have caused. I will endeavor to be more careful to communicate clearly and positively in my future posts.
Thankful for His Grace, Cherie Holt

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt that one of the crazy things about blogs they all the sudden bite at you but they are still addicting :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Holt, I spoke to God about the little anger problem you had a few days ago. I knew that was not you. He told me that he gets angry sometimes with those he loves too. He said to tell you he forgives you and so do all of the rest of us. You are a blessing to us all.

Anonymous said...

I honestly thank you for your honesty. Although frustration and even anger definately needs to be dealt with and given to God's alter, at the same time I dont worry so much for you and your anger, I worry more for those that don't feel any emotion at all toward the church or God or anything or anyone.

Cherie said...

The post was not ever meant to be so heavy...it was written in a more light hearted tone...but alas tone is very difficult to convey...or at least I did a terrible job of it!!!

Cherie said...

I was trying to poke fun at myself and our tendency to get "up in arms" so easily.
I am now trying to get up the nerve to get back in the saddle of the blogging horse that just recently buck me off!-Pray for me.

Anonymous said...

Cherie, Get back on that pony and write.

Cherie said...

Thanks Kenneth!

Anonymous said...

To err is human and emotions are very hard to convey online...what is taken as humorous by one will most surely be taken as venomous by another. Please keep blogging it is such a great outreach tool.