Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Still Alive!

We made it back from the deer lease alive! No snakebites, no heat stroke...and the kids had a great time. If you add to that that we got the feeders filled and one and a half deer stands hung, then we had a successful weekend.

I did get to witness God's hand on us twice. The first was when Buddy forgot to fill up the truck and the gas light went on over 30 miles from the nearest gas station. There is no way that my truck should have made it to up and down those hills, pulling our 26 ft. travel trailer...but God saw that it did. We were so grateful that we didn't get stuck on the side of a hill.
The second has to do with a purchase that Buddy made the girls. Against my better judgement Buddy purchased sling shots for all the girls. I just knew that someone was gonna " shoot their eye out". Buddy gave the regular lecture on sling shot safety and a stern warning about neglecting it, and sent them off to their demise. Being the "mother" that most moms are, I stuck close to the kids as they played that day...as if I was going to be able to defend them if a wild boar came roaming around the bend or they ventured to close to a rattle snake, or any of the other unseen dangers I conjured up in my mind. The problem with worrying is that normally you end up distracted by it while the real danger blindsides you. I never expected my over cautious child to be the one to mess up...but I was standing right next to her as she pulled the sling back and I watched that stone make a straight line directly for my other daughter's eye. I watched that stone turn abruptly and "unexplainable" ( well, explainable to me!) from it's course and go right around my daughter's head. I saw it as clear as day! God is so good to us and I know that He is worthy of my trust. He is always watching over us...and unlike a doting human mother ( as much as we try), He is actually able to keep His children safe!

4 comments:

melissa lynn said...

wow that is amazing testimony! God is so great. I'm glad to hear that yall had fun. I'm actually in computer class. We are learning about EBAY... its really boring! Thank you so much for the encouragement! I love yall!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Cheri! God is always looking out for us no matter how much we stress about it.

Dreama said...

Sling shots??? I wouldn't even let Mike have one of those, LOL! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Cherie,

Glad you all made it back safely. I remember hunting trips with my Dad --- it is memories I will always cherish, as I'm sure your girls will.

Hope you have a great week :)

Love ya,

julie