Sunday, September 30, 2007

No Fruity Pebbles



It is late. I find that if I stay up past 10 I feel that hunger pain and need to eat again. Of course by this time of night I have cleaned up the kitchen and am not up to cooking another "meal" so...out comes the cereal. Well, much to my disappointment "someone" or a small clan of "someones" has eaten the last of the Fruity Pebbles.
Peering into the pantry in search of a satisfying mid-night snack, I saw the college students'
favorite friend...Ramen Noodles. I never did eat them when I was in college. By the time I got to go to college I had lived in Mexico for 5 yrs. and I was married. What does this mean you ask? Well...beans and scrambled eggs are the favorite food fare for the impoverished of Mexico. We ate beans and eggs when we were poor missionaries and when we were poor college students. Besides, Buddy won't touch Ramen, or boxed mac and cheese. He is spoiled to "real food".
So I sit here now eating my ramen noodles and waiting for my husband to finish his sermon for tomorrow. This is my way of showing support! Staying awake with him...I think it has something to do with his love language... Bud's love language= mutual suffering. Actually I think it was a part of our vows..." in sickness and in health, while he stays up all night writing his sermons, if he wakes you up to hear his worship set after you have laid down for bed... til death do you part?" I vaguely remember saying yes ( It is on video somewhere. He is thinner and I am have no crows feet or smile lines), so here I sit still awake at 2:31 am...with NO FRUITY PEBBLES TO BOOT!
I'd do it all over again if I had the chance. I love you Buddy!

5 comments:

Dreama said...

2:30am??? Try Breakfast Jacks at Jack in the Box!!! Much better than Fruity Pebbles, LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cherie! I was up at 3:00 this morning, but certainly not by choice. I don't know how you do it!!! I like my sleep too much!! Such love you have for Buddy...how sweet!!

Buddy said...

Wow...mutual suffering, huh? I like it!

I love you too honey! Just for the record though...it wasn't me who ate the Fruity Pebbles...I only eat real food.

TraciMac said...

Hey, my sista! Next time you are "suffering", let me know. I will bring you some fruity pebbles (they are my favorite). By the way, thanks for Sunday. Y'all are such a blessing to us. We had a great time. Jim left for work on Tuesday morning. The house sure was quite last night (don't tell him I said that though). Lots o' love to the girls for us.

Cherie said...

Kari...it was because of the YEARS of nightime wakings that I have become such a night owl!
Dreama, I know that YOU have NO idea what it is like to eat at 2:30 am. :) You are too smart for that!
Trac, I wish that I were looking for my midnight snack @ your house! I know that there are lots of goodies there. I think that I tasted most of them this last weekend. P.s. remember when you measured my waist?...it grew after supper Sunday! 3 inches worth of buttermilk pie!!!! Worth every inch.