Friday, July 20, 2007

Speechless

It is finally happening...I've been left speechless. The other day in a friend's post she asked about when we have been left speechless. I responded that," I am never speechless. I am entirely too talkative to be found without something to say. I have been in awe often, but never speechless." I realized upon self-examination that this is a fault of mine. I should have expected that the Lord would promptly challenge me in this area...and He has.
No less than 3 times this week I have been render speechless! It seems that God has place people who are under such tremendous trials in my path this week. After hearing their stories, I can hardly say anything but that I will pray for them. These women are going through things that I cannot even bear repeating, let alone know how to respond to, except to put my arms around them and pray quietly for them. I can't even find words to ask God for them. I have to leave the interceding to the Holy Spirit. Even my attempts at prayer on their behalf start out like, " Lord I don't understand...I don't know how to pray...Just give them a sense of your presence, comfort and peace."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherie,

Don't feel as though you've not been a useful tool. Many times God uses us as a sounding board while He allows the hurting to come to an understanding or conclusion as they listen to themselves speak their problem(s) to someone who truly cares. It's just anohter example of how our actions speak so much louder than words. I thought my mother was just giving me a saying as she drilled that phrase into my head. It amazes me how God is still using her as a training tool 28 years after He called her home.

Mike said...

If there is one thing God has shown me since we started Cornerstone and I have tried to get others to put into practice it is this:

When you think you are having a bad day SINCERELY ask someone how their day is then be prepared to stay and listen. Most of the time you will find out that the things you have going on in your life will seem pretty insignificant after listening to someone else.

God has used this more than once to put me back in place.

Anonymous said...

I got some news tonight that left me speechless and sad. How do we find the words and actions to make someone's deep wrongful action right? It's a hard thing to do. The only thing I know to do is to let God have it. Thank goodness I am not "in charge".

See ya tomorrow :)

Julie