Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh Great!

This morning my youngest daughter came to lay in bed with me. As we were laying there talking she reached over to play with the skin on my neck. "Mommy", she said with great concern and curiosity in her voice, " is that a double chin?"
"Well,...yes, I guess it is?" is the only reply that I could come up with.
"How old will I be when I get a double chin?", she asked sounding a little more concerned.
"I don't know baby...probably 36?"

Yesterday, I found out that I am a Great Aunt. My eighteen year old nephew made me a
" great" something. All of a sudden I'm feeling even older.

This week my hubby turns 40...so I guess that we are officially growing old together...awwww, just what we vowed to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cherie,

Welcome to the world of double chins and aging spouses. I'm glad you're here, you make this era of life look good: gives those of us who've been there a while hope.

Anonymous said...

Cherie-

You and Buddy aren't old...just well seasoned and wise!!

Buddy said...

That's just great Cherie...you talk about my age... my underwear...and all the other things that maybe I wouldn't like the world to know...there is nothing sacred with you.