Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Nothing Stays Hidden

Tonight our Lifegroup met at our home. ( Topic: Humility). I was not too stressed out about cleaning because:

a) I have already announced my philosophy about my house and guest, "If you come to visit me you are welcome anytime . If you come to see my house, please make an appointment.

b) I just had a large party on Sat. so the house was mostly clean.

c) I have just gotten more relaxed around my friends. I want to be real. The truth is we are real messy!

So with that being said, I shut and lock the door of our very messy bedroom.

Later that evening after everyone else had left our good friends Julie and Kenneth stayed behind to visit. While their sons and my daughters were playing , my eldest decides that six rooms isn't enough for her treasure hunt and that it is nessesary to include our bedroom in their game! Unbeknown st to me, the children were playing pirates in our bedroom. While at play one of the boys had a seizure ( Which has become common place to this family and a true struggle. Pray for them.)

We all end up gathering in OUR ROOM to watch this little boy seize.

I write this for two reasons: I ask you to pray for Julie's son who continues to deal with these seizures. This is the second that I have witnessed and it is so hard to imagine the stress and concern that they go through as parents. It is hard to watch as a friend...I can't imagine what goes on in their minds as they watch their baby seize and turn blue.


The other thing that I was thinking tonight after my bout with embarrassment over the exposure of my husband's dirty clothes (undies included) is that we think sometimes that we can hide the sinful areas of our lives from others. It reminded me of that scripture that talks about how Christ will bring to light the hidden things of darkness and will make known the motives of our hearts.(1 Corn. 4:5) There is nothing that will remain unexposed when we face Christ. It will all be brought to light. I pray for God's help to live in a way that would not bring shame to myself or to the one I call Lord.

" For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; or hid, that will not be known.
What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the secret will be proclaimed from the roofs. "(Luke 12:2-3)

Dirty clothes aside, I hope that you allow the Lord to reveal the hidden "dirty areas" of your life now so that they can be made clean and useful for Him. I would hate to have them expose and shouted from rooftops, later...HOW EMBARRASSING!


P.s. Remember to pray for Julie, Kenneth and there son.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny!...and such a wonderful sister in the Lord. In all the chaos of the moment, I do remember seeing you moving dirty clothes out of the bedroom as we were dealing with Brett! I was thinking that I probably would have done the same thing ;) Honestly, though, I didn't even know (and still don't remember) the room being messy. Thanks to your whole family for being strength for us tonight. The prayers, support, and even your sweet girls as they made Brett "love" signs and gave him his favorite baseball cards mean so much to us. One thing that is never hidden at the Holt house is the love of God that you continually share with others. I am blessed to have you as friends.

Love ya,

Julie

Anonymous said...

oh...and thanks for the laundry detergent :) :)

Anonymous said...

powerful post.... i really appreciate your honesty and candor in this. and one of the things that means the most to me is when friends *stop* cleaning the house b4 i come over.... it lets me know that they don't mind me seeing the "real" them.
:)

Anonymous said...

Great post, Cherie. I'm glad that Kenneth and Julie were with such a great set of friends as you and Buddy when this happened. God bless you for your love and support of them.

Anonymous said...

I don't think your room was messy...thanks for letting me see it!! However, you could have warned me that there was another live being in the room with me!! I was a bit surprised to look down at the bunny box and see something black moving...luckily, I didn't scream before I figured out what it was!!

Anonymous said...

By the way...I have noticed a trend coming from you, Buddy, and Julie...you all seem to be posting somewhere after the midnight hour?!?!?!? How do you do it??? You make me feel OLD, because if I could do exactly what I wanted I'd be in bed by 9:00!!!! However, unless we have a testy baby, we are normally in bed a few hours before midnight. I just don't know how you do it!!

Cherie said...

I can stay up so late Kari, because while you were posting your comment I was still asleep:)