Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Remember To Count Your Blessings

A few posts ago I wrote about how we can ask, "what has God done for us lately?" After two rough days this week I decided that I MUST spend some time refocusing. I have been consumed with "have to get dones" and "not working outs" and need to reframe my perspective on life. So here it goes... (counting my blessings)

1. God looked down on me and called me to Him, cleaned me up and filled me with His Spirit.
(okay, that's enough to change my perspective! but I will continue...I owe God that much after my stinky attitude over the past 2 days.)
2. I am having my 37th birthday this Thursday...nineteen of which I have spent loving, and following Jesus Christ. (The other 18 years serve as valuable experience, I've been there, done it, and know that I never want to go back!)
3. God has blessed me with a husband who loves Christ, and God continues to work in his life.
4. God loved me as I was, but loves me enough not to leave me that way. God is not finished with me yet!!! He is faithful to complete the work He has started in me.
5. Buddy and I will be having our 16 th wedding anniversary this next month.
6.I have 3 healthy, beautiful, intelligent daughters and the great privilege that God has given me to teach them about surrendering their lives to Him (everyday).
7. His super-abundant provision in our lives. (Our daily bread + roof, clothing, transportation, and so on, and so on...)
8. Friends who love the Lord and encourage us to continue.
9. The daily opportunity of seeing God's hand at work in our lives and in the lives of countless others! We do not serve a God that we only read about in the Bible, but a God who is alive and well and at work in awesome ways every day. We have stuff to talk about!
10. More specific things that have happened that I am thankful for include...

Making some long awaited break throughs in my eldest daughter's math.
New interest in playing instruments ( my kids). I love music!
Buddy's tuition being completely paid for (2 semesters in a row!!)
Me getting to go back to school.
That it is Spring and my garden is in bloom.
That we are getting $ back from the IRS this year. lol
My Clariten seems to be working this allergy season:)
I get a date night with my husband this Friday.
We are scheduled to go to my parent's house this summer...I haven't been in 7 years.
I will probably think of 10 more things that I should have written down as soon as I go to bed...but this is a good start.
Remember to count your blessings too!

3 comments:

melissa lynn said...

wow this is a great list. I learned alot about you. Such a great idea and encouragement. What are you going back to school for?and what is buddy going to school for? just curious. have a great day!

Cherie said...

Mel,
Buddy is studying theology. He wants to be able to teach in a seminary when he "grows up",I mean retires (hehe).
My major is psychology because I want to diagnose and fix myself.
I have considered undergoing counseling, but that is just as expensive as getting the degree...and I figure if I have a degree then I can fix some other people while I'm at it. (lol)

melissa lynn said...

Hey i getting a theology (biblical studies) and psychology degree. I don't feel God calling me to get my LPC but I do think that what I learn will better equip me for what God does call me to. So is it a BA in psych. What school are you going through.