Monday, March 17, 2008

Garden Party


A Garden Party,I'm finally having one! I have wanted to for years. I always want the gardens to be perfect first, then I realized that I've been at this gardening thing several years now and it is never perfect...just in a perpetual state of becoming more like the fantasy garden I see in my mind. It is my quiet place to reflect on all that God has done, a spiritual experience of a sorts, where His creation speaks about Him (which is always affirmed by what His Word has already said about Him). God has taught me many lessons out in my garden, lessons of patience, of discipline, of weathering trials, etc. I've decided to invite all my gardening neighbor ladies (there are many of them!). I thought that we could bring things to exchange...seeds, rhizomes, cuttings. I for one am hoping that the neighbor out front will bring some of her yellow Cannas. I am over- run with orange, but have wanted yellow for a long time. So, I am planning on hand delivering the invitations today. My real aim is to build a closer community here in my neighborhood. Life moves so fast and it is hard to connect with people. I want to connect with my neighbors and allow God to use me to share His love with them. So if you are in the neighborhood and don't mind getting your hands a little dirty, drop by we would love to share our seeds, a snack and the love of Christ. Party to be held Saturday, March 29nd @ 2pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherie,

This is such a great idea! You are so thoughtful to organize something like that in your neighborhood. It stirs me to be creative in my own neighborhood, however, I'm sure no one wants to come and see my weeds :( Guess I'll have to think on it a little longer!

Praying for a good turn out on the 22nd! See you soon,

julie

Cherie said...

Julie...you could start a walking group. You know ladies who walk around that block for exercise. Everybody wants to exercise and loves to find other people to encourage them to do it.

Dreama said...

I'll be there!! Can't wait!