Monday, June 25, 2007

Wanted: Old Ladies :)

I have been so blessed to always have had older godly women to walk along side of me throught the many seasons of my life thus far! There is of course one who has been a constant...my mom. Her faithful example, godly instruction and ferverent prayers for her children has had everything to do with where and who I am today! Because of the physical distance between me and my mom thought, the Lord has always been good to also place other "mom type" ladies in my life to help keep me focused. I can think of a half dozen ladies that He has used in my life to exhort and to model for me what it is to follow Christ, as a wife, mother, disciple . I am so grateful for these women and their faithful service to our Savior and to the Body of Christ.

Well, it seems that I find myself in a new season of life now...and as I was looking around my surroundings yesterday, and examining my new routine, there was something missing...an older woman. Of course, mom is still there via phone; but I am looking for my "older lady." It seems that I am surrounded by peers, young women and new believers right now. Granted, as I very quickly approach 40 (ouch...hard to admit), I realize that I am becoming the "older lady" for others...but I want an older, godly lady for myself! So please join me in praying for my "older lady".

Titus 2
3Likewise, teach the older women (old ladies :) ) to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you have had godly older influences in your life! I will pray that you find another one soon.

Along this line of discussion, I have thought many, many times about the need for godly women to influence the young. I, too, am nearing 40 and realize that even my children are spending their lives without interaction with grandmothers and the elderly. Where are our grandmothers? Why is there such a big gap between the young and the old? What can we do to bridge that gap? It is sad. I pray that maybe I can be part of a generation that will not be afraid to reach out to those that are younger or older than I am. If the middle-aged will agree to take on that mission, then we can hopefully make a difference to our daughters and grandchildren as well as their children's children.

There's wisdom in wrinkles, and I hope I look like an old piece of leather. (Well....?!!....maybe not EXACTLY like leather!! ha ha more like leather......plus botox! lol)

Happy Monday,

Julie