Thursday, October 4, 2007

Family Tree


At the prompting of our oldest daughter we have started to research our family ancestry. I 'm not quite sure what motivated her interest in the subject, but she did let me know that she has great hopes of, "finding out if we are related to some pirates or Pharaohs!"...I haven't ever heard of any Swedish pirates of Pharaohs? Who knows though...our search is on!


The girls were sooooo excited last night when Buddy dug up that we are distantly related to Elvis!!! He's not a pirate or a Pharaoh...but my eldest seemed satisfied with the discovery.


So...have any of you every researched your ancestry and are you related to anyone famous?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well family rumor has it that we are related to John Rolfe (who married Pocahontas) and on the other side some queen of Ireland. I have yet to find out for sure. I have Swedish in me too, one of my great-grandfathers came over from Sweden. I thought I found some geneaology on him, but it was the wrong one, so back to the drawing board.

Anonymous said...

I am famous and I am related to me. :)

Praisegrrl said...

My dad used to say that someone researched our family tree back to a guy named Noah, but then all the records somehow got lost....

Dreama said...

I found out that we are related to Belle Starr, Jackie Kennedy and a relative named William Pace who was George Washington's body guard.

Ladybug Flower Garden said...

I found out that we are related to George Burns.